Gen 3 Portals are Geared for All
SuperATV’s GDP 6” Portal Gear Lift for the Can-Am Outlander gives you a lift and a gear reduction in one box. Get the clearance to run bigger tires and the torque you need to turn them. The lift and gear reduction are in the hub which means they maintain suspension geometry and reduce drivetrain stress. Customize by choosing between a 30% or 45% gear reduction and selecting a cast or billet aluminum housing. GDP portals are truly geared for all. See what customer Goose Bellows has to say about our 6” portals on his Instagram famous Can-Am Maverick XRS, aka Lil Buckin’ Crazy.
45% – Perfect for Mud
Install big 6” portals with a 45% gear reduction to get clearance for huge tires and a massive boost in torque. It’ll turn your monster tires like they’re stock and take your Outlander through the biggest, thickest mud holes you can find. These portals are built for mud, and you’ll see why when you’re plowing through bounty holes on an ATV that rips.
45% – Perfect for Rocks
Put 6” portals and a 45% gear reduction on your machine and get the torque you need crawl over rocks like they’re not even there. You’ll have the clearance to get over anything without scratching up your skid plate, and you’ll have room to run bigger tires. These portals are built for boulders.
30% – Perfect for Everything
A 30% gear reduction lets you turn bigger tires and gives you the versatility to run mud, dominate trails and hills, and maintain high speed on the road. It gets your power to the ground to make your ATV more versatile no matter what you put them through.
Learn more about how tire size and gear reduction can unleash your machine’s potential.
Our gears are precision ground and made with 9310 billet steel alloy for high strength and high speed. That means they’re cool and quiet even when you’re hammering down the throttle on the road. They have strength to handle technical crawls, high speeds, and big mistakes.
Stronger Housings by Design
Portal housings are complex pieces of hardware that require precise design and manufacturing to maximize strength. We’ve been making them for years and have the real-world experience combined with the in-house expertise to make sure they’re unstoppable. That means whether you opt for our USA-made, billet aluminum housings or our affordable cast aluminum housings, you know you’re getting a box that can stand up to tons of abuse.
- Our housings are reinforced in all the right places
- They’re built with better oil flow and gearing forces in mind
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
Advanced Gaskets and Seals
Whether you go with cast or billet, both housings use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® gaskets with excellent oil resistance and a lower deterioration rate than Kevlar gaskets
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
Top-Rated Customer Service
Still need a little help getting exactly what you need? We’ve got a dedicated team just for portal support. Give us a call so we can get the perfect set of portals in your hands today.
|Can-Am Outlander Portal Gear Reduction Recommendations|
|Tire Size||Required Suspension Setup with 6″ Portals||Recommended 6″ Portal Gear Reduction|
|Up to 36″||6″ Lift Kit||30%|
|37″ to 38″||6″ Lift Kit||45%|
|Gear reductions listed are general guidelines to maintain factory top speed. Installing a larger than recommended gear reduction will result in extra torque and lower top speed. Give us a call for more information.|
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housing
- 9310 alloy billet steel precision ground gears are cool and quiet
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel drive shaft
- No leak bearings and seals
- Universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Comes complete with all hardware, backing plates, brakes lines and instructions
- Includes black or yellow trailing arms
- 18” or larger wheel required
- 18” wheels cannot exceed 4-1/2” backspacing
- 20” wheels cannot exceed 5” backspacing