Gen 3 Portals Are Geared for All
GDP didn’t make the first side-by-side portal kit on the market—just the first kit that anybody gave a damn about. SuperATV’s GDP 6” Portal Gear Lift gives your Can-Am Maverick X3 a lift and a gear reduction, all in one box. Customize your ride by choosing a 30%, 45%, or 60% gear reduction, or boost your performance to the max with a dual idler gear portal. GDP is different from the rest. These portals were born from blood, sweat, and countless hours of real-world testing—all so you can enjoy your Can-Am X3 to the fullest.
Dual Idlers for Ultimate Strength
Perfection takes time. After years of research and development, we’ve made our dual idler gear portals unlike any other. They’re made with the industry’s toughest 9310 steel alloy. Two idler gears don’t do a thing if they’re not mated perfectly. Precision CNC grinding ensures they do. Didn’t think dual idlers mattered? With GDP’s quality and experience, they finally do.
Perfect for All Riding Styles
You’ve never really ridden until you’ve done it with a GDP Portal Gear Lift. If you’re the kind of rider who’s always up for a challenge, these portals were made for you. From dunes to mud and everything in between, we’ve got a portal kit for every rider. Get a smaller 30% reduction for fast rides that pack plenty of torque. Go with a 45% gear reduction to run bigger tires and take on rougher terrain. Or build the mother of all mudders with a 60% gear reduction. You can even opt for dual idlers to really push your build over the edge. A portal gear lift gives you your torque back, so even the wildest and most massive build can run with the best of them.
Protect Your Most Vital Components
Portals place the gear reduction in the hub, meaning less stress is put on your drivetrain. Your machine’s most vital parts won’t have to work overtime to make up for the extra 6” of lift. Your axles, prop shaft, differential, and transmission will thank you, and they’ll last longer, too.
Cast or Billet Housings for Ultimate Strength
GDP is the strongest and most trusted portal gear system in existence. Our cast and billet aluminum housings are the thickest and strongest you can get, and they’re backed by unmatched real-world experience, so you can be confident that you’re getting a kick-ass product. Throw in our 5/16” backing plates made from an advanced steel alloy and you’re left with downright unstoppable Can-Am Maverick X3 portals.
- Our housings are reinforced for gear retention and optimized for oil flow
- Advanced steel alloy backing plates are stronger than chromoly
- Enhance with Portal Blood —gear oil formulated for GDP Portals
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
Advanced Gaskets, Seals, and Bearings
Our portals use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® Gaskets and O-rings with excellent oil resistance and low deterioration rates
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
- Double-angular contact output bearings to prevent premature wear
- Roller idler and drive bearings to maintain perfect gear meshing
Add Reinforcement with a Frame Stiffener
We highly recommend running a SuperATV Frame Stiffener with your 6″ Portal Gear Lift. A frame stiffener reinforces your front end enough to let you ride your 6″ portals with monster tires and no worries.
Top-Rated Customer Service
Still need a little help getting exactly what you need? With GDP, you get a dedicated portal tech support team because nobody likes to get an automated response. Give us a call so we can get the perfect set of portals in your hands today.
|6” Portal Gear Lift Includes:|
|(4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets, and thrust bearings|
|(4) Universal hubs and precision-ground stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs|
|(4) Specialized steel alloy backing plates|
|(4) Steel caliper mounting plates|
|(2) Steel steering arms|
|(2) Steering stops (dual idler configuration only)|
|Extended brake lines|
|All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket|
|Frame stiffener (must select at checkout)|
|Max Tire Size Recommendations for 6” Portal Gear Lift|
|Tire Size||Required Suspension Setup with GDP Portals|
|Up to 33″||64″ Stock|
|Up to 33″||64″ and 3″ Lift Kit|
|Up to 34″||72″ Stock|
|Up to 34″||72″ and 3″ Lift Kit|
|If you need help figuring out which gear reduction is right for you, check out our portal gear reduction calculator .|
|Max tire sizes are measured at full compression and full turn. The given tires sizes are the largest we fit without rubbing. With minor trimming or a small amount of rub, larger tire sizes can be used.|
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housings
- Dual idler gear configuration maximizes strength
- Cool, quiet, precision-ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel drive shaft
- Housings use Thermo-Tork® gaskets or O-rings that don’t let anything through
- Universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- Dual idler gear configuration adds a 1.5” offset
- Lighter than the competition
- 18” or larger wheel required
- 18” wheels cannot exceed 4-1/2” backspacing
- 20” and larger wheels cannot exceed 5” backspacing